Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Live life without REGRET


I am sure you have heard the saying “The only things you should regret are the things you didn’t do”, Well, I really relate to this. I have made it my mission to never regret anything that I have done because life is all about learning from your experience and you cannot learn, you cannot grow, you cannot change if you never put yourself out there and try.

Sure I have made some mistakes, at times big ones but had I not made those mistakes I couldn’t have learned from them and had I not made them I wouldn’t know better now. It is a state of mind, a way of thinking but for me it works and I can look back and say oh wow did I really do that, yes I did but look at what I learnt from it so I can look back and be grateful for those mistakes.

On the flip side I keep in mind this thought… if I don’t do it, if I don’t try am I going to regret not doing it, and the chances are I will so I try to let that motivate me and push on rather than letting the fear of doing something hold me back, and to be honest when I was younger I held myself back a lot.


 I was worried what people would think of me, I was concerned what they may say but living a life full of concern and worry for others only made me miserable. I wasn’t living my life for me and let’s get real It's not like I got any thanks from the rest of the world for being “a good girl” so I decided, I made a conscious choice to do what was right for me and made me happy and I’m so glad that I did.



It was the start of becoming my real self. I know what makes me happy or miserable and I choose not to be miserable. Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith in yourself and to hell with the rest of the world. Never regret doing something that makes you happy, deal with the consequences tomorrow because chances are they are never as bad as you expect them to be. You only get one life so LIVE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment